Lambert Bracket Contest
Today’s matchups feature longer-tenured team members as well as new additions from the Creative Region, and pit financial vs. digital.
Round one features our Capital Markets managing director, Mike Houston against Chris Tromp, Chief Digital Officer of TiiCKER. Both Mike and Chris have returned to Lambert / TiiCKER following other career opportunities, and we are certainly happy to welcome them back! Now, it’s your turn to decide whose tenure in the tournament will last longer!
Mike Houston, Managing Director
- Why capital markets/IR? I’ve always been fascinated with the intersection between finance and communications. There are so many great concepts and companies out there that lack the ability to share their investment narrative and unlock their full value. I love that financial communications professionals are always hard at work in the background and have such a meaningful impact on how the company is perceived.
- Why Lambert? After leaving Lambert to help take Ancestry public in 2013, I returned to the firm because of the opportunity that existed to help senior management teams from small and mid-sized companies effectively communicate their value proposition to investors and the media. Collaborating with a deep bench of Lambert “athletes” that solve complex problems is why I choose Lambert.
- Career highlight/memory: Leading the logistics and messaging for a client’s NYC analyst day that occurred the same day Lehman Brothers announced bankruptcy. That experience underscored the need for a Plan B, C, D and E throughout my career.
- Fun fact: I love cycling and have ridden my bike in 31 of the 45 states I’ve visited.
Chris Tromp, Chief Digital Officer, TiiCKER
- Why capital markets/IR? It’s all about connecting the dots between Wall Street and Main Street. You don’t want to miss what we have cookin’.
- Why Lambert? I’m attracted to what facilitates innovation and ideation. Where a big idea sparks action. TiiCKER, an asset of Lambert, is the next big thing to hit the FinTech space.
- Career highlight/memory: A highlight for me was the moment I realized I am adept at doing digital with both sides of my brain. Unicorns don’t exist, but chameleon business people do, and I am one. My career is highlighted with creative success while being grounded in analytics and strategic thinking.
- Fun fact: I’m an advocate of Air Fryers.
The other Creative Region matchups pit newly acquired, Buffalo-based Managing Director Jeff Schoenborn against longtime Lambert digital and social strategist, Derek DeVries. While each specializes in different areas of expertise critical to our Capital Markets team, this contest will determine who can best lever their clever pursuit to the next round.
Jeff Schoenborn, Managing Director
- Why capital markets/IR? We make an immediate impact on management teams’ ability to successfully pursue strategic opportunities and overcome complex challenges.
- Why Lambert? The opportunity to join a team of great people committed to successful growth and extraordinary client service.
- Career highlight/memory: Merging our financial services IR firm into Lambert in 2020.
- Fun fact: A lifelong New Yorker, except for four years at Michigan State University, he’s thrilled to now be part of a firm headquartered an hour’s drive from his alma mater and filled with fellow Spartans. Go Green!
Derek DeVries, Director of Digital & Social Strategy
- Why capital markets/IR? Heavy regulation slowed the adoption of digital marketing for this vertical. As a result, it now presents a wide-open frontier with exciting new opportunities and challenges to tackle.
- Why Lambert? Our team is rounded out with some of the most talented professionals I’ve worked with in my 20+ year career. Also, we’re from the Midwest so we have a chip on our shoulder that drives us to work harder.
- Career highlight/memory: Managing digital strategy for the North American International Auto Show in 2017 when Pixar gave the audience a first look at Cars 3 and unveiled a life-size Lightning McQueen replica.
- Fun fact: I have a photography credit on an HBO documentary.
THANK YOU FOR VOTING! CONGRATULATIONS TO CHRIS AND DEREK!