In its 20th anniversary year, Boulder Canyon sought to shore up its retail commitments in heritage markets that are increasingly saturated with new and “smart” snack food brands. To bolster sales, we developed an integrated marketing campaign in the Greater Denver region that trumpeted new packaging and local roots.
Strategy and Tactics:
- A pay-per-click (PPC) advertising campaign using a high-value coupon.
- Social media ads that directed consumers to the same coupon microsite where they could choose a quick screen capture of the UPC code or download it via email.
- Partnerships with five regional retailers to include their store logos and URL store locators in social media creative.
- Collaborations with an influencer group called the Boulder Hiker Chicks, who captured and shared incredible images from the trails with chips in hand.
- Regional media relations outreach to share about the brand’s anniversary across broadcast and print outlets.
Results that matter.
- A 40% increase in same store sales over the course of 90 days.
- Nearly 25,000 people in the region visited Lambert’s coupon page for Boulder Canyon.
- 1,715 product coupons redeemed.
- The program provided a 5X multiple on the spend (program cost vs. net sales increase).