The Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), in collaboration with more than 100 economic development partners, markets Michigan as the place to do business, assists businesses in their growth strategies, and fosters the growth of vibrant communities across Michigan. In an evolving business climate, Lambert and its partner Gravity Global were tasked with differentiating Michigan from the other 49 other states so business decision makers and site selector consultants identify Michigan as the ideal location to relocate and grow their business.
Develop a 360-marketing campaign rooted in research and strategy to reach national business leaders, Michigan business leaders and site selectors:
- Promote Michigan as a world-class business location and travel destination.
- Improve perception of Michigan as a desirable place to live, work and play.
- Increase awareness of all the MEDC services available to Michigan businesses and communities.
- Showcase the depth and diversity of Michigan’s workforce.
The campaign evolved from third-party CEOs telling the “Why Michigan” story to taking back Michigan’s voice as a state, doing away with humble Midwest ways, and developing a creative look and tone with a bit of swagger that showcases Michigan is a world-class business destination.
- Conducted research including stakeholder interviews, qualitative interviews, quantitative surveys and creative testing.
- Developed a new marketing campaign aligned with research findings.
- Created a media strategy to reach our target audiences through print, digital, social, out of home, events, and paid search.
- Evolved tactical approach beyond just an awareness campaign to drive conversion through retargeting.