During the event, Mark Hollis, athletic director for Michigan State University, Lt. Governor Brian Calley and other special guests celebrated with Lambert and other Michigan leaders in health and wellness for their commitments to healthy lifestyles.
“Our employees are Lambert’s best asset and because of that, we work hard to keep up a company culture of balancing work and play in a healthy environment,” said Jeff Lambert, president and managing partner of Lambert. “The entire Lambert team works together to implement new fitness initiatives shared between our three offices in Grand Rapids, Detroit and Lansing. Being honored by the Governor’s Fitness Awards gives us the motivation to keep investing in the health of our staff.”
Lambert currently runs a number of health and wellness initiatives, including:
- Partnership with the YMCA – Lambert, is not only the chair of the board of YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids, but the firm also holds a corporate membership and incorporates its services including education programs and annual in-house health assessments for each employee.
- LEAn Wellness Program – This all-employee competition divides the staff into teams to earn points for exercising and making healthy food choices. The team with the most points wins gift certificates and other prizes.
- Zumba and Yoga on the Rooftop Deck – Open to employees, clients, vendors, partners and the general public, the firm sponsors Zumba and Yoga instructors during the summer and hosts classes on Lambert’s rooftop deck.
- In-Office Basketball Courts and H.O.R.S.E. Tournaments – Utilizing our in-door basketball courts, employees are encouraged to get up from their desk chairs to shoot hoops as a break in the work day. Annual H.O.R.S.E. tournaments are also held during March Madness.
- Wellness Reimbursement – Lambert offers reimbursements for employees’ wellness purchases of choice, including gym memberships, home workout equipment, workout gear, fitness classes, meal plans and more.
Each year, the Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness Health and Sports and the Michigan Fitness Foundation honors individuals and organizations that inspire and motivate others to be healthy and active. The Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sports was established through an Executive Order issued by Governor John M. Engler in 1992 to improve the health of, and increase physical activity among, Michigan residents. The Michigan Fitness Foundation works to inspire healthy lifestyles through education, environmental change, community events and policy leadership.
Lambert (www.lambertweb.wpengine.com) is a top-10 Midwest-based PR firm and a top-15 investor relations firm nationally with clients based in 20 states and six countries. As Michigan’s largest PR firm – with offices in Grand Rapids, Lansing and Detroit – Lambert serves middle-market companies and national brands across a wide array of industries and is the state’s largest bipartisan public affairs firm. Lambert has posted 17 years of growth, been named PR Week and PRNews Small Firm of the Year, honored as an Edward Lowe “Michigan 50 Companies to Watch,” and earned Crain’s “Michigan’s Healthiest Employers” and “Coolest Places to Work” awards. Lambert is also a global partner in PROI Worldwide, the largest partnership of independent PR firms in the world spanning 120 cities on five continents. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter @LambertEdwards.