MGP Ingredients began as a humble grainbelt distillery in 1941 and has since grown into a leading supplier of premium distilled spirits, and specialty wheat proteins and starches. Partnering with small startups and global brands alike to innovate in the food science industry and create some of the finest whiskeys, ryes, bourbons, gins and vodkas in the world.
Lambert was engaged by MGP Ingredients (NASDAQ:MGPI) to provide business consulting and investor relations services. After hiring a new Chief Executive Officer and Chief Finance Officer, Lambert worked in close collaboration with the client to help streamline communications with internal staff and stakeholders. Additionally, Lambert developed a strategic plan to help the client reach its business goals by raising the company’s profile, coordinate introductory meetings with sell-side analysts and improve investor communications – starting with the company’s first quarterly earnings call.
- Develop and refine the quarterly reporting infrastructure, including evaluation of the earnings announcement process and supporting materials
- Serve as the investor relations department for MGP, reporting regular progress to senior management
- Offer a wide range of experience and a variety of robust tools to help MGP reach its goals of improving equity brand awareness, establishing best practices, developing and executing a cohesive investor relations plan/calendar and setting a strong foundation for other internal teams to build upon
- Define and identify contacts with key analysts, investors and all corporate partners that should be informed of company developments and milestones
- Build analyst and investor targeting strategy based on peers, industry segments, and type (small- and mid-cap)
- The company’s market cap has more than tripled with average daily trading volume increasing four-fold
- Four sell-side analysts have covered the company, with several others continuing a progressive dialogue with senior management
- Shareholder base is now majority institutional investors with a long-term growth focus
- Gained additional work with client which led to a massive increase in daily trading volume with very minimal impact to share price