Media & Analyst Relations
Industry standards around fuel economy and initiatives pushing for environmental-friendly technologies for vehicles often lead automakers to lean toward electric vehicle technology. With this in mind, Achates Power, the developer of radically improved internal combustion engines, committed itself to educating automakers about the benefits of the opposed-piston engine when facing industry standards.
Achates Power engaged Lambert as its agency of record in 2017 to increase awareness among automakers and investors surrounding Achates’ opposed-piston engine. To reach that goal, the Lambert team created a media and analyst event for Achates President and CEO to engage media and analysts during the North American International Auto Show.
- Secure media and analyst attendance at the executive briefing through direct pitching and development of press materials
- Position Achates Power as the go-to source regarding meeting CAFE 2025 standards and green initiatives by securing one-on-one interviews and executive briefing attendance
- Develop and distribute press materials and key announcements to maximize coverage of the event
- Thirteen of the top media and analysts from publications such as IHS and Society of Automotive Engineers participated in the event
- Secured stories from key industry publications including CNET, Wired, Motor Trend, Green Car Reports, and a cover story in SAE Magazine
- Overall increased awareness and visibility for Achates’ position in the industry and was able to announce a light-duty engine program one year later