WOLVERINE WORLDWIDE (NYSE:WWW)
Wolverine Worldwide is one of the world’s leading marketers of branded casual, active lifestyle, work, outdoor sport, athletic, children’s and uniform footwear and apparel, and the Company’s products are carried by leading retailers in the U.S. and globally in approximately 200 countries and territories. Wolverine’s portfolio of highly recognized brands includes: Merrell®, Sperry®, Hush Puppies®, Saucony®, Wolverine®, Keds®, Stride Rite®, Sebago®, Cushe®, Chaco®, Bates®, HYTEST®, and Soft Style®.
Lambert had the opportunity to assist longtime client Wolverine Worldwide, the multi-billion dollar global footwear company with the development and execution of a strategic communications campaign surrounding Wolverine’s acquisition of the Performance + Lifestyle Group from Collective Brands (Sperry Top-Sider, Saucony, Keds and Stride Rite), the largest and most complex acquisition in Wolverine’s history.
- Developed strategic messaging and investor communications surrounding this transaction that would nearly double the Company’s size and greatly expand the client’s brand portfolio
- Delivered an integrated set of communications, from call scripts, press releases, internal communications, and other supporting materials
- Coordinated investor and partner communications for multiple acquisitions of brands/businesses
- Organized employee, union, community, supplier and media communications to support divestitures, consolidations and closures for this global footwear maker
- Arranged live media appearances for Wolverine’s CEO on CNBC, Fox Business and Bloomberg TV
- Investor responses to the transaction were positive, with three ratings upgrades by sell side analysts within a day of the transaction announcement
- 15.7% increase in Wolverine’s stock price