UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CORRIDOR
Michigan’s University Research Corridor (URC) is one of the nation’s top academic research clusters and the leading engine for innovation in Michigan and the Great Lakes region. An alliance of Michigan State University, the University of Michigan and Wayne State University, the URC is focused on increasing economic prosperity and connecting Michigan to the world.
At a time when state funding is increasingly under a microscope, Lambert began working with University Research Corridor to show the organization’s value to Michigan’s economy and its bottom line. The three URC universities are responsible for more than 90% of the research dollars being spent in the state and award more than 30,000 degrees annually. Lambert uses media relations and marketing activities to reach a wide variety of interests, from educators and researchers to students, policymakers and business leaders.
- Lambert developed an aggressive and comprehensive communications plan to raise awareness of the URC and its vital role as the engine that drives innovation for Michigan and the Great lakes region, increasing economic prosperity and connecting Michigan to the world
- Our team tied research being done at the three universities to the North American International Auto Show, gaining national attention for the URC
- We garnered stories in a variety of media the day the URC’s annual economic impact report was released, then followed up with op-eds written by the three university presidents and Business Leaders for Michigan
- Created an infographic for lawmakers and policymakers to bring home the URC’s economic role, and used the infographic to advertise the URC on social media
- URC’s profile has risen and understanding of its role in increasing Michigan’s economic prosperity has increased
- We demonstrated our ability to dive into complex policy topics while helping the URC present informative, easily understood materials to multiple audiences.
- When the URC released its entrepreneurship report, Lambert’s publicity efforts garnered major stories in the Detroit Free Press, The Detroit News, MLive, the Lansing State Journal and on the Sunday business front in eight newspapers, as well as a news conference and radio interviews for the three university presidents
- By showing that Michigan’s URC is working to make Michigan a national leader in innovation and developing talent while giving the state and taxpayers a strong return on their investment, Lambert proved that Michigan State, the University of Michigan and Wayne State are critical Michigan assets who will play a part in Michigan’s brighter future