RECARO Automotive Seating provides end customers with aftermarket seats and motorsports customers with racing shells and has been setting standards in automotive seating for decades. RECARO is a Product Group of the global Johnson Controls group, and employs around 1,000 people in the company’s eight global locations.
Lambert assisted RECARO, the world’s premium manufacturer of performance automotive seating, with the company’s social media efforts. Through the campaign, RECARO found the digital platform to be a highly cost-effective way to engage the automotive news media and consumers around the world.
- Global Strategy: Working with RECARO’s subsidiaries around the globe, Lambert led the development of a global digital strategy for the company
- Digital Event Support: Lambert developed a strategy for RECARO to support and enhance its numerous event and driver sponsorships in the digital space
- Media/Blogger/Enthusiast Relations: Using its digital platforms, Lambert helped RECARO develop relationships with opinion leaders in the performance automotive industry, resulting in unique promotional opportunities
- Microsite Development: Working with the approval of General Motors’ marketing team, Lambert developed a microsite (in WordPress) for RECARO’s Camaro OEM program to serve two very niche populations; dealership staff and Camaro buyers
- Lambert managed all of the RECARO social media properties (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) and achieved 174% growth (from 63,000 fans to 182,000 fans) for Facebook and 152% growth (from 274 followers to 2,798 followers) for Twitter (since Q1 2013) through engagement and content curation – no advertising
- In addition to growing a following, Lambert’s activity for RECARO on Facebook produced a 7% engagement rate (for comparison, the automotive industry average is 0.58%)
- On Twitter, Lambert produced an 0.20% engagement (for comparison, the luxury automotive industry average is 0.16%)