Krispy Kreme Doughnuts is a global retailer of premium-quality sweet treats, including its signature Original Glazed® doughnut, and has more than 1,000 retail shops in 24 countries.
Lambert was brought in to plan and execute the grand opening of the first West Michigan location of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.
- Create a “first in line” event to build buzz and generate excitement ahead of opening
- Recruit area students and residents to participate
- Develop and execute “Sneak Peek” event prior to opening
- Provide media relations support to build awareness and promote ongoing PR activities
- Lambert-designed contest promised “year’s supply of free donuts” to first in line
- With Lambert encouragement, people began camping out seven days before opening – setting a national record
- Efforts generated strong local and national awareness
- More than 1,200 people attended the “sneak peek” event
- First-week sales exceeding all expectations
- Lambert subsequently was asked to handle all Michigan store openings including Flint, Detroit, Kalamazoo and Lansing – where we set another national record for the longest campout, at 13 days!