Greatland is one of the country’s leading providers of W-2 and 1099 products for business, and is focused on providing guidance, products, and solutions for small to mid-size businesses and accountants.
Lambert has worked with Grand Rapids-based Greatland Corporation, a 30-year business forms supplier turned1099 and W-2 software company, since late 2008. The $30-million-plus has flown largely under the radar for years and wanted to be more aggressive about telling its story to grow market share and brand recognition.
- Developed a two-pronged traditional and social media campaign, aimed at showcasing Greatland’s brand of expertise to the small business community while keeping the business of 1099/W-2 filings somewhat quirky, interesting and light
- Educate audience on tax reporting and promote the need to work with trusted partners
- Robust media relations program targeted key trade outlets and regional publications across the country
- Secured more than 10 million media impressions for Greatland and its FileTaxes.com subsidiary in 2009 and 2010, including prominent coverage in USA Today and other key small business and accounting media
- Integrated their PR efforts into a robust social media platform with ongoing digital content support and execution
- In tax year 2009 (the first supported by a PR program), the company noted substantial increases in the use of both general and electronic filing products when compared to 2008. Companywide, Greatland and its subsidiaries recorded a 6.5% increase in customers purchasing W-2 and 1099 products in 2009, including wage and income reporting forms and related software
- Greatland also noted a 14% increase in electronic filing over the previous year
- The Greatland brand alone reported a 50% increase in new customers for tax year 2009