CONTINENTAL AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS
Continental AG, commonly known as Continental, is a leading German automotive manufacturing company specialising in tires, brake systems, automotive safety, powertrain and chassis components, tachographs, and other parts for the automotive and transportation industries. Continental is based in Hanover, Lower Saxony, Germany. Continental is the world’s fourth-largest tyre manufacturer.
Develop a nationwide media relations campaign, coupled with educational events for government officials, safety groups, general consumer media and automotive trade press to promote the launch of Electronic Stability Control (ESC) in the North American market, as well as raise awareness for other active safety technologies.
- Arranged media ride-and-drive events and secured one-on-one interviews
- Developed and distributed press materials
- Netted nearly 20 million impressions with print, broadcast and electronic media
- Campaign resulted in significant acceptance of ESC among original equipment manufacturers and consumers
- Increased awareness and eventual implementation of the life-saving technology as standard equipment on passenger vehicles